Sim*Suture Learning System
The Sim*Suture Learning System will help the learner practice skills of interrupted and simple running suture, instrument tying, vertical mattress sutures, and running subcuticular sutures.
As with all our modules, practice outside the simulation lab is encouraged with the availability of all necessary supplies: suture pad (with printed lines to guide placement of sutures), surgical instruments, and suture material.
The Training Guide provides the opportunity for the learner to practice in any convenient locale. Suture material is provided to place over 250 single needle passes. Frequent customers report that the board can be re-used up to three to four times. Additional suture material can also be purchased separately.
The time required for completion of this module, when referencing the guidebook, is approximately 4 to 6 hours. The curriculum offers an opportunity for formal objective skills assessment (OSATS) when the module is completed.
Complimentary learning videos for this module are provided on this web site.
- Realistic suturing board with synthetic skin including integrated lines and dots to help guide suturing for the beginner
- Adson forceps
- Hegar needle holder
- Suture scissors
- Suture packs (10 in each pack)
- 3-0 nylon with 30 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
- 3-0 nylon with 24 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
- 4-0 nylon with 19 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
- Scalpels - #10 and #15
- Sim*Suture Training Guide